Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Brief Introduction

     Greetings, people of the internet!  I am Jeffrey Duclos, and this is my personal blog.  A little about myself: I am a 4th-year Architectural Engineering student at Penn State (don't bother with the jokes, South Park beat you to all the good ones).  In addition, I have interests in video games (and other aspects of nerd culture), philosophy and politics.  I'm also an author and producer for Phroth, Penn State's humor publication (in the most basic senses of the words).  My favorite color is orange, my lucky number is 7, and I apparently have a penchant for parenthetical notations (don't ask me why, because I have no idea).

     My first actual blog posts will be a series entitled Urban Development in Hong Kong.  Right now, I am studying abroad at Hong Kong University and one of my classes asks that I blog about the tours that we take around parts of the city (and yes, I did create this blog specifically for the purposes of fulfilling this requirement).  The first of these tours was last Wednesday, so Part 1 will be posted very shortly.  I hope you all enjoy.

     To end this, let me answer a few questions.  Am I someone you need to listen to?  Probably not.  Am I someone important whose ideas could change the world?  Not yet, but hopefully one day that might happen.  Am I funny, angry, crazy, or some other extreme emotion that, for some reason, attracts people like moths to a bug zapper.  I'd say a little of each column, but that's ultimately up to your judgement.   In short, this is just some random guy saying random things and posting them to the internet without anything that actually attracts people.  So if you're still reading this, thanks for sticking around and I hope you'll be back soon.

~ J.D.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment