Monday, September 29, 2014

Random Update: Guangzhou Post and the Video Game Club's 24-Hour Marathon

     Greetings, everyone, and welcome to a random update!  I'll be doing these from time to time when I have a lot to say and not a lot of time to say it in.  So, let's get down to business.
     First of all, allow me to apologize for the month-long plus delay of my final post about China.  Things have just gotten very busy for me now that college is back in full swing.  Compounding this issue is the fact that... well, I really just don't have a lot to say about Guangzhou compared to all of the other places the class visited.  Everything I saw in Guangzhou is just too similar to examples I've already seen before.  If I come up with some new takes on these buildings that I haven't thought of before, then I'll certainly make my Guangzhou post centered around them.  Until then, however, it's going to be on the back-burner for a little while longer.
     On a more uplifting note, I am happy to announce that I will be participating in the annual Penn State Video Game Club's 24-hour Marathon and Survivor Tournament. This is a fundraiser benefiting the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital at the Hershey Medical Center, a member of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.  More details and the ability to support me can be found on my Extra Life page right here.  All proceeds will go to the Children's Hospital and are tax-deductible.  My goal is to raise $200 for this great cause.  With your help, we can do it!
     So that's it for this random update.  I have no idea when I'll be posting about anything else yet, but when I do I'll keep you posted.  Until then, thanks for reading and I hope to see you back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment